So, you want to be a Teen Volunteer?
Some quick info:
- Being a library volunteer is fun and a great way to fill your services hours or start getting the feel of what a job is like. Because of this, we prefer teens to visit or contact us themselves to show us their responsibility and reliability.
- Completing your services hours for school or another requirement? We're happy to sign your school certification letter or provide other proof of service once you've completed your time volunteering. Contact the Teen Librarian—Felicia Gminski—by calling the Youth Services Department (she is typically in the department on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, as well as all day on Friday and alternating Saturdays), emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org (available for response any time), or by dropping off the paperwork you need signed to Felicia or another librarian in the Youth Services Department.
- Do you have any questions that we didn’t address? Please feel free to email email@example.com to chat!
Current and/or Regular Opportunities to Volunteer:
- Drop-In Volunteer Event (D.I.V.E.) – Reoccurs regularly on a monthly basis
- Once a month (from October—May), we host a drop-in event (i.e. no registration required) for teens who just need a few volunteer hours or who want to try volunteering with low commitment. These events are usually good deeds for the library or community. Our next D.I.V.E. will take place on DAY/DATE AND TIME (click here to see the event in our calendar).
- Program + Activity Assistant for Librarians in the Library
- Throughout the year, the Youth Services librarians will host programs and/or story times and could benefit from volunteers that can help assist with tasks throughout these events.
- Case-by-Case Basis
- When possible, we will try our best to accommodate particular community service needs. But due to scheduling of programs and activities and the library’s needs at the time, we cannot always guarantee last minute requests. Please strive to reach out ASAP about any requests you may need to fulfill and we will work to accommodate your needs!
- * Need a reminder? Sign up for Remind texts!
- This is completely optional. If you choose to text @CovYAVol to 81010, you can receive texts to remind you about volunteer opportunities that you are scheduled for, or to find out if you can participate in an upcoming volunteer event. You can also use this service to directly contact Felicia about your personal volunteer schedule and etc.
- Standard text message rates apply depending on your provider, and you do not need to download the Remind app to be able to use this feature.
Click here to see the current volunteer opportunities we have available for teens!
Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call and speak to Felicia the Teen Librarian (401-822-9102 for the Youth Services Department) with any questions, or visit the library to pick up an application in-person to become a volunteer.